Act 1, Scene 2: A room in LEONATO's house

SCENE II. A room in LEONATO's house.

    Enter LEONATO and ANTONIO, meeting

LEONATO

    How now, brother! Where is my cousin, your son?
    hath he provided this music?

ANTONIO

    He is very busy about it. But, brother, I can tell
    you strange news that you yet dreamt not of.

LEONATO

    Are they good?

ANTONIO

    As the event stamps them: but they have a good
    cover; they show well outward. The prince and Count
    Claudio, walking in a thick-pleached alley in mine
    orchard, were thus much overheard by a man of mine:
    the prince discovered to Claudio that he loved my
    niece your daughter and meant to acknowledge it
    this night in a dance: and if he found her
    accordant, he meant to take the present time by the
    top and instantly break with you of it.

LEONATO

    Hath the fellow any wit that told you this?

ANTONIO

    A good sharp fellow: I will send for him; and
    question him yourself.

LEONATO

    No, no; we will hold it as a dream till it appear
    itself: but I will acquaint my daughter withal,
    that she may be the better prepared for an answer,
    if peradventure this be true. Go you and tell her of it.

    Enter Attendants
    Cousins, you know what you have to do. O, I cry you
    mercy, friend; go you with me, and I will use your
    skill. Good cousin, have a care this busy time.

    Exeunt

Related

Much Ado About Nothing 8444950589017933137

Weakly Top

Monthly Top

item