Act 4, Scene 3: Another part of Blackheath

SCENE III. Another part of Blackheath.

    Alarums to the fight, wherein SIR HUMPHREY and WILLIAM STAFFORD are slain. Enter CADE and the rest

CADE

    Where's Dick, the butcher of Ashford?

DICK

    Here, sir.

CADE

    They fell before thee like sheep and oxen, and thou
    behavedst thyself as if thou hadst been in thine own
    slaughter-house: therefore thus will I reward thee,
    the Lent shall be as long again as it is; and thou
    shalt have a licence to kill for a hundred lacking
    one.

DICK

    I desire no more.

CADE

    And, to speak truth, thou deservest no less. This
    monument of the victory will I bear;

    Putting on SIR HUMPHREY'S brigandine
    and the bodies shall be dragged at my horse' heels
    till I do come to London, where we will have the
    mayor's sword borne before us.

DICK

    If we mean to thrive and do good, break open the
    gaols and let out the prisoners.

CADE

    Fear not that, I warrant thee. Come, let's march
    towards London.

    Exeunt

Related

Henry VI - part 2 2755570517449373956

Weakly Top

Monthly Top

item