-
Venus and Adonis is a poem by William Shakespeare, written in 1592–1593, with a plot based on passages from Ovid's Metamorphoses. Publ...
-
SCENE I. A churchyard. Enter two Clowns, with spades, & c First Clown Is she to be buried in Christian burial that wilfully...
-
TO THE RIGHT HONORABLE HENRY WRIOTHESLY, Earl of Southampton, and Baron of Tichfield. The love I dedicate to your lordship is without end...
-
SCENE III. Another part of the island. Enter ALONSO, SEBASTIAN, ANTONIO, GONZALO, ADRIAN, FRANCISCO, and others GONZALO By'r la...
-
SCENE III. Brutus's tent. Enter BRUTUS and CASSIUS CASSIUS That you have wrong'd me doth appear in this: You have conde...
-
SCENE I. Athens. The palace of THESEUS. Enter THESEUS, HIPPOLYTA, PHILOSTRATE, and Attendants THESEUS Now, fair Hippolyta, our nupt...
-
SCENE I. A room in the castle. Enter KING CLAUDIUS, QUEEN GERTRUDE, POLONIUS, OPHELIA, ROSENCRANTZ, and GUILDENSTERN KING CLAUDIUS ...
-
SCENE II. The same. Another street. Enter the corpse of KING HENRY the Sixth, Gentlemen with halberds to guard it; LADY ANNE being the ...
-
SCENE III. A room in Polonius' house. Enter LAERTES and OPHELIA LAERTES My necessaries are embark'd: farewell: And, sis...
-
SCENE VIII. Before KING HENRY'S pavilion. Enter GOWER and WILLIAMS WILLIAMS I warrant it is to knight you, captain. Enter F...